Thursday, July 22, 2010

Natural antiperspirant/deodorant

Okay.  So you might say, "no way can I take a chance on changing what I use to keep my pits fresh and lovely".  This probably won't cost you anything, since you most likely have these ingredients in your kitchen cabinet right now, so just give it a try for a few days.  The few people that I personally know who have tried it, including me, have been very pleasantly surprised!  Since I had a hysterectomy and started on hormones, I have been dealing with a problem I've never had in my life - stinky pits.  I have changed deodorants many times, but I still had the problem.  I don't sweat very much, never have, but I am very paranoid about any weird smells coming from my body.  :)  Anyway, I found this wonderful website http://1greengeneration.elementsintime.com/ ....as well as many others I found while researching this.  They all recommended a mixture of 4:1 cornstarch and baking soda.  That's it.  I used 4 TBs cornstarch to 1 TB baking soda, and put it in a small airtight container, with a powder puff.  Let me tell ya, you have never felt so silky smooth and dry under there before!!  There is no irritation at all, even when I applied it immediately after shaving.  (and I have very sensitive skin)  There is no scent, so if you're like me, I kinda miss that, but then again, having no smell is better than having BO/baby powder emanating from your pits.  The only alteration I have made is to add about another TB of baking soda, only because I am freaking paranoid (seriously, just ask hubby), so you may not need this.  I'd say you can adjust according to your needs.  I have read that pure baking soda (no antiperspirant protection here) may cause skin irritation.  What a cheap beauty product!  Try it - you'll LOVE it!  Next....I haven't shampoo'd my hair in 5 days!

1 comment: