Sunday, April 25, 2010

A cheatin' weekend

This weekend I cheated a little...we had "date night" Thursday night and I had one of Applebees' 550 calories meals.  I had the sirloin, with "seasonal veggies", which turned out to be a giant plate of broccoli and potatoes.  I was a little disappointed, wishing for a few carrots or something!  I know, that's not such a cheat, huh?  Here's the good part - I had 2 top shelf strawberry margaritas.  :)  Anyway, I have discovered an interesting link:  I used to wake up starving early in the mornings, nearly every day.  Most of the time, my stomach would wake me up before I was ready to awaken.  Friday morning I woke up starving!  This was the second time since I cut out meat that I had noticed that same occurence after eating meat.  Got up, stepped on the scale, and had not gained any weight!  Woo hoo!!  Friday night hubby fixed some low fat, Angus burgers.  I had one on my whole grain thin buns, with brown mustard, vegan mayo, lots of romaine lettuce and some dill pickle slices.  I also had a "shandy", which is a concoction made from a dark beer (Michelob Ultra Wheat, in our case) and topped off with something like 7-Up, or in our case, Mike's Hard Lemonade.  Again the next morning, nothing gained!  Hubby made a nice pork tenderloin on the grill last night.  I had a small slice (it was luscious!) with a large salad.  We ate early, so later while watching tv, I had some Orville Redenbachers Natural grain 50% less fat popcorn, and a few Immaculate cookies.  OMG, these are my new favorite cookies in the world.  I had only just discovered them, when Food Lion apparently decided to stop carrying them.  These little boxes of yum usually cost $3.99, so I keep them hidden.  :)  When I went grocery shopping this week, they were closeout priced to $1.79, so I bought every box they had!  Any, I digress...so after eating meat for three nights in a row, I got up this morning, got on the scale, and VOILA!!!  Another pound lost, for 9 pounds total now!  That is with no exercise to speak of in the last 3 days, unless you count a few hours of yardwork.  I am so loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment