Sunday, August 1, 2010

Old recipes and memories

Yesterday I decided to pull out "mom's recipes", which is a book of recipes that I have been collecting over the years since I was a teenager.  This book is HUGE!  Hubby wanted chicken casserole, so I decided to "honor" him with one of my oldest recipes...I made this many times over the years, and it is a simple, yummy casserole.  When I opened the book to the recipe page, it brought back so many memories...it is typed, by me, when I was a teenager, on one of my favorite Christmas presents ever, bought by my mom.  No, it was not electric, and as you can see, there was no correction tape, either.  But the casserole recipe is on the same page as my "famous" peanut butter cookie recipe.  My youngest daughter, Lindsey, used to make these cookies at least once a week, but would always say "they just aren't as good as yours, mom!"  There are smears of peanut butter on the recipe, and the years have turned it yellow and wrinkled.  It is now in a plastic sheet protector.  Time to redo it on the computer, you think?  NEVER.  These recipes are part of my life, just like a photo album, and I love flipping through it and remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment